Gamida Cell is an advanced cell therapy company committed to finding cures for blood cancers and serious blood diseases. We harness our cell expansion platform to create therapies with the potential to redefine standards of care in areas of serious medical need. Gamida Cell is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: GMDA).
Omidubicel, Gamida Cell’s lead investigational product candidate, is an advanced cell therapy under development as a potential life-saving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant solution for patients with hematologic malignancies. Omidubicel is the first bone marrow transplant product to receive Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and has also received Orphan Drug Designation in the U.S. and EU. Omidubicel is currently being evaluated in an international, multi-center, randomized Phase 3 study in patients with high-risk blood cancers, and positive topline data from the study were reported in May 2020.
General Scope and Summary
Gamida Cell is at an exciting inflection point for the business, preparing for a successful launch of its lead product, omidubicel, and seeks a Vice President, Marketing and Account Management to develop and lead a highly efficient and effective marketing and account management function to successfully enable availability to omidubicel as well as build the foundation of our marketing and account management capabilities to ensure the success of future products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leading the omidubicel brand essence development and preparing omidubicel for launch in the U.S.
- Leading the development of the commercial strategy for the NAM platform therapies, including omidubicel, GDA-201 and future therapies
- Serving as the cross functional launch readiness lead for omidubicel and future launches
- Leading the development of the brand strategy and overseeing the marketing team implementation
- Developing the account management team including defining strategy, roles and responsibilities, policies, processes/procedures, tools and technologies, and incentives
- Leading the implementation of the cross-functional launch plan
- Representing commercial on the regulatory team, including label development and finalization
- Supporting the professional alliance team with the development of the thought leader interaction plan, integrated professional society/advocacy plans and congress planning activities
- Leading the government affairs initiatives for Gamida Cell
- Developing the commercial training plan and providing oversight for implementation
- Partnering with market access and medical affairs for the development of the health economics strategy and analyses
- Partnering with market access to align the market access strategy with the overall commercial strategy
- Partnering with market access to finalize the strategy and operations for the Gamida assist team
- Achieving the commercial goals as defined by the metrics in the launch score card
- Overseeing the establishment of the account management team objectives and incentive compensation/bonus structure
- Key partnering with commercial operations and IT in the development of the business requirements for account management tools and systems implementation
- Managing the budget associated with marketing, account management team, and any commercial launch related expenses
- Key partnering with commercial analytics in market research, forecasting, performance tracking and business reviews
- Building a culture of compliance to ensure that all commercial activities are fully compliant with company policies and legal and regulatory guidelines
- Coaching, training, and mentoring team members; sourcing key talent internally and externally to maintain a bench of strong leaders
- Contributing as a critical stakeholder to cross-functional partners strategic plans
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to set a commercial vision and strategy for products and functional teams at the corporate level and translate and communicate with clarity into actionable plans; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way to executives and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- 15+ years related experience in the biotechnology industry with a proven, consistent history of high performance in a broad range of leadership roles of increasing responsibility
- 8+ years of progressive sales leadership experience with demonstrated results as a Marketing and Field Force leader
- B.A./B.S. degree required. Advanced degree in Business, Marketing or Life Sciences preferred
- Significant product launch experience in a marketing, sales or account management leadership roles
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership, management and communication skills to inspire sales and account management teams to achieve high levels of performance
- Strong executive presence with the ability to set vision and strategy for sales and account management at the national level and lead the organization through large scale change
- Must have experience building out and leading new teams and functions
- Demonstrated success leading teams of account managers responsible for securing product access and pull through in hospitals / health systems is pivotal to the role
- Expert level knowledge of pricing and reimbursement and market access strategies across therapeutic treatment settings.
- Brand marketing and national/regional payer account management experience is highly desired
- Strong team player who has a customer service approach and is solution oriented
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually and across a multi-disciplinary leadership team, as well as with multiple external partners and vendors
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
Travel: ~50% Travel once travel resumes
Reports to: Chief Operating and Chief Commercial Officer
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.