Gamida Cell is an advanced cell therapy company committed to finding cures for blood cancers and serious blood diseases. We harness our cell expansion platform to create therapies with the potential to redefine standards of care in areas of serious medical need. Gamida Cell is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: GMDA).
Omidubicel, Gamida Cell’s lead investigational product candidate, is an advanced cell therapy under development as a potential life-saving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant solution for patients with hematologic malignancies. Omidubicel is the first bone marrow transplant product to receive Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and has also received Orphan Drug Designation in the U.S. and EU. Omidubicel is currently being evaluated in an international, multi-center, randomized Phase 3 study in patients with high-risk blood cancers.
General Scope and Summary
Gamida Cell is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role as Senior Director, Global Commercial Operations. This position will work closely with the Commercial organization, internal parties and external service partners to oversee the selection, delivery and support of Gamida Cell’s Commercial Business Systems. This position will leverage emerging and existing technologies to drive effectiveness across Medical Affairs and Commercial areas such as Marketing, Sales, CRM, data and analytics, reporting and multi-channel engagement. This is a cross-functional role that collaborates with peer groups across the organization and functions and is the point person for technology leadership within the Commercial organization.
The role is both business- and technical-focused, requiring a strong understanding of Sales Operations applications, Veeva CRM, Master Data Management tools, Qlik for Sales Reporting/Analytics. The role also requires knowledge of other Commercial applications such as Case Management tools for Patient Services, Incentive Compensation, and Sales Roster. It will be a hands-on resource requiring configuration/technical and business partnering skills reporting to the VP, Global Commercial Analytics and Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with Commercial stakeholders to define, design, deliver and maintain technology solutions that align to Commercial’s business strategic direction.
- Evaluating, selecting and contracting with external service partners to deliver Commercial Business solutions and services.
- Deliver projects and initiatives utilizing effective project management practices and tools, with attention to transparency on risks, issues, and dependencies.
- Develop deep understanding of underlying business processes and correlate to use of tools, data and solutions involved.
- Facilitate selection of fit for purpose technology solutions to support business functional needs.
- Coordinate activities with solutions vendors and partners as required, including exploratory discussions, RFP process support, IT sponsorship, and operational/commercial activities
- Drive successful end-stage delivery efforts for technology initiatives supporting Commercial Operations, Field Sales and Marketing – including testing, training, deployment, data migration, cutover, user adoption, and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate with IT colleagues providing partnership and delivery services for other areas of the organization to drive alignment, interoperability, and effective handoffs of data and processes among a breadth of technology solutions.
- Bringing awareness of innovative digital technologies and solutions to Commercial stakeholders and incorporating them into the Commercial IT roadmap.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- BS and Advanced Degree desired, MBA, PhD, MS in scientific field/analytical field.
- Eight years+ of experience in building and supporting CRM systems, SFDC platform and data warehouse production environments.
- Business Intelligence applications and/or Case Management systems; prior experience supporting sales analytics systems is preferred.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical commercial operations domains, such as field sales, marketing operations, third party logistic providers, etc.
- Experience with data analytics, reporting and presentation solutions, and multi-channel technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and motivate cross functional teams.
- Ability to actively anticipate, track and plan for risks, issues, dependencies, resourcing and contingencies.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Gamida Cell.
Travel: Travel required (up to 10%)
Reports to: VP, Global Commercial Analytics & Operations
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.