Gamida Cell is an advanced cell therapy company committed to finding cures for blood cancers and serious blood diseases. We harness our cell expansion platform to create therapies with the potential to redefine standards of care in areas of serious medical need. Gamida Cell is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: GMDA).
Omidubicel, Gamida Cell’s lead investigational product candidate, is an advanced cell therapy under development as a potential life-saving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant solution for patients with hematologic malignancies. Omidubicel is the first bone marrow transplant product to receive Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and has also received Orphan Drug Designation in the U.S. and EU. Omidubicel is currently being evaluated in an international, multi-center, randomized Phase 3 study in patients with high-risk blood cancers, and positive primary and secondary endpoint data reported in 2020.
General Scope and Summary
The Sr Director, Payer Access & Reimbursement is a key role focused on ensuring that patients have timely access to therapy. The Sr Director, Payer Access & Reimbursement will develop the overall payer strategy, develop the hospital administrator strategy, lead the Payer Access & Reimbursement field-based team and will report to the Senior Vice President, Market Access. The core function of the role will be to lead the payer and hospital administrators customers facing strategy for Gamida Cell and ensure tactical execution during market development, launch and post-launch phases.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Development of the payer strategic plan for Gamida Cell’s allogeneic cell therapy products
- Build, lead and oversee the training for the Gamida Cell Payer Access & Reimbursement field-based team
- Key member of launch planning team for Gamida Cell products
- Mapping the U.S. Payer landscape and developing the plan for payer meetings
- Assess the Commercial and Public payer coverage landscape for cell and gene therapies
- Coordinating the payer education discussions with Medical Affairs and/or Clinical
- Leading the creation of the business plans for payers
- Identifying and meeting with potential advocates for payer discussions
- Understanding CMS requirements for new allogeneic cell therapies
- Partnering with Account Management team, Marketing, Analytics, Medical Affairs, and Legal to ensure that the Payer Access & Reimbursement team compliantly reinforce value proposition through the development of approved materials
- Partnering with the SVP, Market Access and Medical Affairs to develop the HEOR plan
- Partnering with the Gamida Cell Assist team to address reimbursement obstacles
- Development of strategy for educating hospital administrators (C- suite level, billing and reimbursement personnel, chargemaster personnel) on appropriate access, coverage and coding requirements for Gamida Cell products
- Assist in training internal field team on payer processes for reimbursement
- Hire, coach, train and mentor team members, sourcing key talent internally and externally to maintain a bench of strong leaders; proven track record of recruiting top talent
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent strategic thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to successfully partner with payers and with internal cross-functional teams
- Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences
- Sustained track record of achievement in Oncology/ Hematology payer relations
- Proven ability to think strategically and prioritize
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Exhibits initiative, flexibility, and dependability
- Knowledge of Cell and Gene Therapy preferred
- A/B.S degree required; Master’s Degree a plus but not required
Travel: 50% travel, once travel resumes
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Market Access
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.