Gamida Cell is an advanced cell therapy company committed to finding cures for cancer and other serious diseases. We apply a proprietary expansion platform to allogeneic cell sources, including umbilical cord blood-derived cells and NK cells, which leverages the properties of nicotinamide (NAM) to create products with the potential to redefine standards of care.
Omidubicel, Gamida Cell’s lead investigational product candidate, is under development as a potential life-saving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant solution for patients with hematologic malignancies, and has received Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Omidubicel met all of its primary and secondary endpoints in a Phase 3 study. Gamida Cell plans to submit a BLA for omidubicel by the end of 2021 with an anticipated product approval and launch in mid-2022. Gamida Cell is also pioneering modified and unmodified NAM-enabled NK cell therapies targeted at solid tumor and hematological malignancies.
Gamida Cell is a global, publicly traded biotechnology company (Nasdaq: GMDA) with locations in Israel and the United States. Additional information can be found on our website at www.gamida-cell.com.
General Scope and Summary
The Director, Payer Access & Reimbursement is a key role focused on ensuring that patients have timely access to therapy. The Director, Payer Access & Reimbursement will operationalize the overall payer and hospital administrator strategy. The primary objective of the role is to educate payers on Gamida Cell’s products, support appropriate patient access to care, and develop and implement access strategy. This role will also ensure hospital administrators are aware of appropriate coverage policies and how to appropriately access Gamida Cell’s therapies in the post launch phase.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, and manage strategic relationships with national and regional payers within assigned region.
- Build proactive relationships with organizations/KOLs whose experience and expertise are relied on by payers.
- Assess payer and policy landscape to understand potential coverage of Gamida Cell’s products for Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid patients.
- Understand payer requirements and hospital reimbursement for cell therapies administered in the inpatient setting.
- Develop and implement account level business plans.
- Responsible and accountable for the successful implementation within region of the strategic and tactical market access plan.
- Implement approved pre-launch payer education plan to ensure awareness of Gamida Cell’s products.
- Present / provide approved product education and health economic information to key customers and communicate the value proposition of Gamida Cell’s products.
- Partner with medical affairs and market access team to address clinical and outcomes concerns from payers.
- Obtain coverage for Gamida Cell’s products within assigned accounts.
- Identify and mitigate potential challenges that may hinder access.
- Work with Gamida Cell Assist to ensure understanding of payer coverage policy and requirements and assist with any coverage questions.
- Post launch, partner with field account management team to provide education on respective payers and to address any questions/concerns that arise.
- Establish critical relationships with a variety of stakeholders within their geography: key transplant centers, Medicare CMDs, health plan medical directors and state Medicaid directors.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated successful experience with National and Regional payers (5-7 years minimum); 10+ years total biotech/pharmaceutical experience in a commercial setting.
- Sustained track record of access and reimbursement achievement in cell therapy, gene therapy, or hematology/oncology.
- Knowledge of medical benefit and/or inpatient economics preferred.
- Excellent strategic and business acumen skills, with demonstrated ability to successfully partner with payers.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally to ensure goals are achieved.
- Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences.
- Proven ability to think strategically and prioritize.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits initiative, flexibility, tenacity, and dependability.
- A./B.S. degree required; Master’s Degree a plus but not required.
Travel: 50% travel, once travel resumes
Reports to: Senior Director, Payer Access and Reimbursement
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.