Gamida Cell is an advanced cell therapy company committed to finding cures for blood cancers and serious blood diseases. We harness our cell expansion platform to create therapies with the potential to redefine standards of care in areas of serious medical need. Gamida Cell is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: GMDA).
Omidubicel, Gamida Cell’s lead investigational product candidate, is an advanced cell therapy under development as a potential life-saving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant solution for patients with hematologic malignancies. Omidubicel is the first bone marrow transplant product to receive Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and has also received Orphan Drug Designation in the U.S. and EU. Omidubicel is currently being evaluated in an international, multi-center, randomized Phase 3 study in patients with high-risk blood cancers, and positive topline data from the study were reported in May 2020.
General Scope and Summary
Gamida Cell is at an exciting inflection point for the business, preparing for a successful launch of its lead product, omidubicel, and seeks a Vice President, Medical Affairs to develop and lead a highly efficient and integrated medical function, including scientific evidence generation and scientific information exchange with all key stakeholders.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, this individual will be a member of the Clinical Leadership Team and a key partner internally with the global Commercial, Market Access, Clinical, and Communications teams, as well as externally with key opinion leaders, healthcare professionals and payors.
Over time, the VP Medical Affairs will build a team of internally and externally facing professionals, including medical science liaisons and MDs. This position will have a strong outward-facing presence in the U.S. and global KOL community and requires domestic and international travel.
The individual will be passionate about the portfolio, have high energy in daily duties, and be optimistic about Gamida Cell’s trajectory and goals.
The Vice President of Medical Affairs will build and maintain a strong, world-class organization that is aligned around global medical strategies and ensures execution of strategy through the management of complex relationships with multiple stakeholders both within and outside of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and lead medical affairs strategies including medical communications, engagement with opinion leaders, investigator-led research, data dissemination, and external collaborations.
- Lead the development of medical affairs activities including publication planning, medical advisory boards, educational programs, conferences, and responding to requests for medical information.
- Provide medical expertise and collaborate in the development of strategies for commercial, market access, business development, and public relations activities.
- Establish professional relationships with the medical community and exchange scientific knowledge with global and regional key opinion leaders.
- Partner with Commercial to ensure timely, accurate, and compliant preparation and review of promotional and educational material.
- Establish and execute a strategic publication and congress plan; work with internal colleagues to develop key messages on unmet need, mechanism of action, target product profile, and other materials.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Academic Training: Doctoral degree in clinical specialty required (M.D., Ph.D., Pharm D.) with experience in hematology/oncology and/or bone marrow transplant.
- Industry Experience: A minimum of 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industries.
- Medical Affairs Experience: Demonstrated ability to develop scientific plans in support of end game product differentiation, customer needs, and clinical practice patterns that lead to prescribing. Experience and demonstrated track record in a medical affairs leadership role in the US, marketing and commercially savvy and robust understanding of late stage development projects and regulatory space. Understanding of evolving environmental and market access issues.
- Product Launch Experience: Demonstrated record of product launches in the US and ability to bring strategic insight to commercialization plans. Global launch experience ideal but not a must.
- Leadership Experience: Visionary and entrepreneurial, with experience in building, leading, driving and engaging a successful team. Strong executive presence as equally as a hands-on mind-set. Outstanding communication skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse global corporate environment.
Travel: 30%, once travel resumes
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.