Gamida Cell is an advanced cell therapy company committed to finding cures for blood cancers and serious blood diseases. We harness our cell expansion platform to create therapies with the potential to redefine standards of care in areas of serious medical need. Gamida Cell is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: GMDA).
Omidubicel, Gamida Cell’s lead investigational product candidate, is an advanced cell therapy under development as a potential life-saving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant solution for patients with hematologic malignancies. Omidubicel is the first bone marrow transplant product to receive Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and has also received Orphan Drug Designation in the U.S. and EU. Omidubicel is currently being evaluated in an international, multi-center, randomized Phase 3 study in patients with high-risk blood cancers, and positive primary and secondary endpoint data reported in 2020.
General Scope and Summary
The Senior Director, Training is a key role focused on ensuring the successful launch of omidubicel along with future therapies. This individual will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and delivering of disease, therapy, account management skills, market knowledge and operations/logistics training intended for members of the commercial organization. This individual will partner with and provide a conduit to all cross functional commercial teams in identifying, building and executing training to meet the development needs of the commercial organization during market development, launch and post-launch phases and will report to the Vice President, Marketing and Account Management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the commercial training and development and manage training budget.
- Develop, maintain, and execute training programs, and on- board new employees through advanced training for the commercial organization.
- Maintain subject matter expertise for disease states, products and therapeutic areas aligned with Gamida Cell portfolio and account management.
- Coordinate with legal, medical and regulatory colleagues to ensure accuracy of medical content and compliance with promotional policies for training materials.
- Collaborate with the marketing, account management, and market access teams to build training initiatives that support the execution of tactics aligned with brand strategy and coordinate the rollout of promotional materials.
- Lead collaboration with cross functional teams (marketing, market access, medical affairs) to provide disease state, product and therapeutic training and functional training as required.
- Identify, contract, and manage vendors and oversee project management during development of training content.
- Assume responsibility for designated in-house training meetings to include planning, logistics management, vendor monitoring, and participant conduct.
- Lead the planning, designing, and execution of training offerings at national meetings, POA meetings and launch meetings.
- Ensure training documentation through oversight and maintenance of the commercial learning management system (LMS).
- Establish and maintain the standards for training materials including product and learning system modules.
- Develop and maintain facilitation skills/advanced selling skills expertise in support of training content delivery.
- Collaborate effectively with all cross-functional partners including but not limited to legal, HR, quality, etc. to create a forum of best practices, consistency of learning materials, alignment on Company approach to learning, etc.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- 10+ years industry experience with 5-7 years of hematology/oncology/biotech training experience: launch experience required, knowledge of cell and gene therapy preferred.
- B.A./B.S. required: Advanced degree in business, marketing, or life sciences preferred.
- Exceptional presentation, facilitation, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in organization and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategically, driving performance and fostering collaboration within a cross functional environment.
- Ability to rapidly identify issues and effectively implement solutions.
- Committed to making a positive contribution to the company and establish trust and credibility with team members.
- Leader training in DiSC, Situational Leadership, Talent Profiler, Crucial Conversations preferred.
- Expertise with technology platforms (e.g. iPAD, LMS, Vault) and programs (e.g. MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe Professional) is highly desirable.
- Experience using a variety of modalities for learning including traditional classroom, online, self-study, workshops, AV/VR, etc. to create effective and efficient manners to deliver content.
- Achieves organizational focus while valuing diverse and opposing views among multi-cultural teams.
Travel: 25-50% once travel resumes
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing and Account Management
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.