Gamida Cell is an advanced cell therapy company committed to finding cures for blood cancers and serious blood diseases. We harness our cell expansion platform to create therapies with the potential to redefine standards of care in areas of serious medical need. Gamida Cell is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: GMDA).
Omidubicel, Gamida Cell’s lead investigational product candidate, is an advanced cell therapy under development as a potential life-saving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant solution for patients with hematologic malignancies. Omidubicel is the first bone marrow transplant product to receive Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and has also received Orphan Drug Designation in the U.S. and EU. Omidubicel is currently being evaluated in an international, multi-center, randomized Phase 3 study in patients with high-risk blood cancers, and positive primary and secondary endpoint data reported in 2020.
General Scope and Summary
The Senior Director, Marketing is a key role focused on ensuring the successful launch of omidubicel along with the development of the commercial strategy for GDA-201 and future therapies. The Senior Director, Marketing will partner cross functionally to develop the overall marketing launch strategy and tactics. This role will lead the Marketing team to ensure tactical execution during market development, launch and post-launch phases and will report to the Vice President, Marketing and Account Management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maximize the commercial potential of omidubicel through the development and execution of strategic/tactical marketing plans and innovative marketing solutions to drive awareness and uptake.
- Drive strong communications plan to reinforce positioning, brand essence and messaging.
- Lead market development efforts by collaborating with cross functional teams to partner with national, regional and local KOLs to communicate clinical messages and value.
- Develop marketing strategies and messages for multiple stakeholders including transplanters, transplant coordinators, nurses, stem cell labs, and patients. Ensure partnering occurs with legal, medical and regulatory for review and approval of all materials prior to distribution.
- Align closely with account management teams to develop execution plans.
- Partner with market access to deliver market access materials (payer deck, billing and coding guide, etc.) to ensure consistency of branding and messaging.
- Partner with commercial analytics to monitor market trends to provide input into strategy, identify growth opportunities and ensure launch readiness.
- Make recommendations on label development and finalization.
- Partner with:
- Market access to provide input into value proposition
- Medical affairs to incorporate insights into launch planning
- Professional alliance team to support commercial KOL engagement strategy and congress planning activities
- Commercial analytics to develop and track brand insights
- Training team to develop training tools
- Account management leaders and team for field communications
- Project team sub teams for life cycle management
- Hire, coach, train and mentor team members, sourcing key talent internally and externally to maintain a bench of strong leaders.
- Oversee external partners and manage respective budget line items.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- 10+ years industry experience with 5-7 years of hematology/oncology biotech/pharmaceutical marketing/equivalent experience: launch experience required, knowledge of cell and gene therapy preferred.
- B.A./B.S. required: Advanced degree in business, marketing, or life sciences preferred.
- Proven track record of recruiting top talent.
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategically, driving performance and fostering collaboration within a cross functional environment.
- Ability to rapidly identify issues and effectively implement solutions.
- Committed to making a positive contribution to the company and establish trust and credibility with team members.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to build alignment around goals and objectives.
- Achieves organizational focus while valuing diverse and opposing views among multi-cultural teams.
Travel: 25-50% once travel resumes
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing and Account Management
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.