MSL/Senior Medical Science Liaison
Gamida Cell is an advanced cell therapy company committed to finding cures for blood cancers and serious blood diseases. We harness our cell expansion platform to create therapies with the potential to redefine standards of care in areas of serious medical need. Gamida Cell is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: GMDA).
Omidubicel, Gamida Cell’s lead investigational product candidate, is an advanced cell therapy under development as a potential life-saving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant solution for patients with hematologic malignancies. Omidubicel is the first bone marrow transplant product to receive Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and has also received Orphan Drug Designation in the U.S. and EU.
General Scope and Summary
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is the field-based medical/scientific expert for the company, focusing on engagement with healthcare providers to provide fair/balanced education on Gamida Cell investigational products, understanding the evolving therapeutic landscape, and supporting research collaborations across the portfolio. The Senior MSL will share the responsibilities of an MSL and will also consistently demonstrate core competencies and assume broader responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifies, establishes, and maintains collaborative relationships with key investigators, institutions, groups and consortia in disease state areas of strategic focus for Gamida Cell.
- Provides education to the medical community on Gamida Cell investigational products and disease areas of focus.
- Increases company visibility and enhances professional interaction with current and future oncology leaders.
- Participates in medical education for healthcare professionals, including formulary (P&T) committees, through presentations at appropriate venues.
- Works with the appropriate departments/personnel at clinical sites to ensure required education and training are provided as needed.
- Identifies clinical research opportunities that are consistent with company objectives.
- Represents (Is) the primary territory contact for the investigator-initiated research program, facilitating the process from concept submission through publication.
- Identifies and communicates key clinical and research insights from oncology leaders to help shape company research.
- Maintains a high level of clinical and scientific expertise through ongoing training and self-education, including attendance of relevant conferences, scientific workshops, and review of key publications.
- Gathers and disseminates competitive intelligence in a compliant manner.
- Takes advantage of opportunities to mentor other MSL team members, and actively contributes to cross-functional US Medical Affairs teams.
- For Senior MSL role, substantively contributes to scientific publication planning, slide-deck development, training initiatives and the development/implementation of Medical Strategy Plan
- For Senior MSL role, leading national level priority projects or cross-functions initiatives on behalf of Medical Affairs
- For Senior MSL role, leading interactions for specific select priority projects with external collaborators or groups
- For Senior MSL role, coordinating with MA Training lead for identifying or delivering advanced training initiatives
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, or MD), with prior experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, is strongly preferred. For Senior MSL, prior experience in pharmaceutical industry medical affairs as MSL.
- Prior MSL or relevant experience is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years hematology/oncology experience is strongly preferred.
- Clinical research experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable treatment, compliance, and regulatory guidelines. For Senior MSL, knowledge of treatment guidelines (NCCN, ASCO, ASH, ESMO, etc.) clinical research process, FDA regulations, CMS reimbursement coverage process, and OIG guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving, decision-making, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and apply knowledge and analytical skills.
- Ability to summarize complex scientific information and present in a clear, concise, confident, and scientifically accurate and balanced manner to a range of audiences.
- Ability to network and partner with external customers, including medical thought leaders, academic institutions, research consortia, and practice networks. For Senior MSL, this also includes large group practices, NCI Cooperative Group leadership and members, medical directors of medical groups or insurance carriers, as well as pharmacy directors.
- Thrives in a team environment and enjoys cross-functional collaboration; positively contributes to team culture.
- Possesses demonstrable effective leadership skills (by example and through accomplishments) and can step forward to handle challenges within scope of authority.
- Demonstrates deep therapeutic competency; stays abreast of trends and new information in the therapeutic/translational science area, as well as the profession at large.
- For Senior MSL, must be highly articulate and self-confident during formal and informal presentations; able to convey complex scientific ideas fluently to any audience.
Travel: Approximately 60-70% domestic travel is required; As this is a customer-facing position, and the geographic territory expected to be covered is large, the candidate’s availability for frequent travel is of paramount importance for professional and programmatic success.
Reports to: Senior Director, Medical Affairs
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com