Gamida Cell is an advanced cell therapy company committed to finding cures for blood cancers and serious blood diseases. We harness our cell expansion platform to create therapies with the potential to redefine standards of care in areas of serious medical need. Gamida Cell is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: GMDA).
Omidubicel, Gamida Cell’s lead investigational product candidate, is an advanced cell therapy under development as a potential life-saving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant solution for patients with hematologic malignancies. Omidubicel is the first bone marrow transplant product to receive Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and has also received Orphan Drug Designation in the U.S. and EU. Omidubicel was evaluated in an international, multi-center, randomized Phase 3 study in patients with high-risk blood cancers, and positive primary and secondary endpoint data reported in 2020.
General Scope and Summary
We are looking for a hands on, innovative, and collaborative HR professional to join our global HR team to develop and enhance our people orientated programs and initiatives with an optimum employee experience mindset. This individual will be responsible for supporting the strategic direction of our human resources operations programs including employee benefits, HR systems and technologies, employee data and analytics, culture initiatives and overall human resources processes and operations. This role will directly support our US employees and work collaboratively on best-in-class processes and operations globally.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In a highly collaborative environment, support the U.S. benefits strategy and administration and ensure our competitive benefits programs reinforces our culture; align globally on benefit programs as applicable.
- Lead efforts to build a wellness strategy that aligns with the Gamida culture, our benefits strategy and scalable for a global, diverse workforce.
- Oversee all HR operation activities including onboarding and offboarding of employees, performance management, compensation planning, promotion process and other employee life-cycle related programs.
- Act as a primary user of our HRIS system; help the team with the implementation and ongoing management of all HR systems and processes.
- Responsible for all employee data management including data entry, reporting, and working cross-functionally to provide required reports to enable effective decision making.
- Stay current with trends in people analytics, HR best practices, and technology identifying areas of improvement and opportunities for change.
- Build our HR analytic capabilities and develop and maintain our HR dashboards.
- Provide support to employees on HR related questions and concerns.
- Collaborate with colleagues within HR, Finance, Legal, IT, Facilities and across the organization to ensure our people have a seamless experience.
- Provided broad administrative and operational support across the HR function.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5+ years of progressive HR experience with 3+ years of relevant experience managing benefits and HR systems
- Ability to appropriately navigate multi-faceted and complex issues.
- Anticipates and proactively manages key internal and external business challenges, offering solutions with long term benefits.
- High leadership, management and self-awareness capabilities.
- Strong communicator and excellent influencer with ability to flex approach as needed to drive solutions.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and translate into actionable insight.
- Notable experience with Microsoft products; strong experience with Excel and various reporting tools.
- Required to understand and stay informed of legal regulations related to HR.
- Experience in high-growth/fast paced environment preferred.
- Prior experience in start-up environments – tech, biotech/pharma, etc. preferred
- Ability to work independently and effectively in the office 2-3 days/week and from home 2-3 days/week.
Travel: Less than 10% travel, once travel resumes
Reports to: Vice President, Human Resources
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.