Gamida Cell is an advanced cell therapy company committed to finding cures for blood cancers and serious blood diseases. We harness our cell expansion platform to create therapies with the potential to redefine standards of care in areas of serious medical need. Gamida Cell is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: GMDA).
Omidubicel, Gamida Cell’s lead investigational product candidate, is an advanced cell therapy under development as a potential life-saving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant solution for patients with hematologic malignancies. Omidubicel is the first bone marrow transplant product to receive Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and has also received Orphan Drug Designation in the U.S. and EU. Omidubicel is currently being evaluated in an international, multi-center, randomized Phase 3 study in patients with high-risk blood cancers, and positive topline data from the study were reported in May 2020.
General Scope and Summary
We are seeking a highly motivated, customer focused, detailed oriented professional to join our team. The Executive Assistant will be an integral member of the team, responsible for providing broad administrative support. This position will report to the Chief of Staff, and provide support to the executive leadership team, with priority to the CEO.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Keeps designated executive leaders organized, to enable fulfillment of their responsibilities.
- Adept at working in a largely virtual environment, frequently liaising with our office in Israel, remote U.S. workforce and other global contacts.
- Coordinates frequent team meetings. Handles meeting logistics (e.g., room reservations, catering, schedules IT/ AV support). Prepares and circulates agendas and meeting materials.
- Responsible for general office management – cover front reception desk, switchboard, greet guests, manage office supplies, handle various facility needs, manage food/refreshments, etc.
- Manages subscriptions to journals, newspapers, etc. Orders reprints, articles, books, as requested by team.
- Takes minutes and follows-up on meeting action items as necessary.
- Arranges domestic and international travel on an as-needed basis.
- Assists with conference/ external meeting registrations; collates meeting materials, hotel arrangements, transportation, etc.
- Processes contracts, POs and invoices in accordance with internal processes/systems.
- Revises and prepares correspondence, internal and external presentations.
- Collaborates with members of the team and across other functions on shared projects.
- Prepares and submits expense reports.
- Assists with on-boarding of new employees, screening of CVs and coordination of interviews for open positions.
- Creates and maintains files and filing systems, including administrative support for contracts and agreements, both physical and electronic.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- B.A./B.S. degree required, plus 3-5 years related experience, preferably in a start-up and/or biotech/biopharma environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented and solid problem-solving acumen
- Must be a self-managed, self-motivated, self-starter.
- Impeccable customer service skills; approach work with a positive, customer focused solutions-oriented mindset.
- Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and retain flexibility in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Expert level of computer proficiency, including but not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to learn functionally relevant software such as Concur, and Priority ERP.
- Experience supporting remote employees a plus.
- Highly organized, thrives under pressure.
- Must have strong ability to exercise sound judgment and professional maturity.
- Ability to work remotely for the interim and ultimately manage the Boston office space (post-pandemic).
Reports to: Chief of Staff
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.