Gamida Cell is an advanced cell therapy company committed to finding cures for blood cancers and serious blood diseases. We harness our cell expansion platform to create therapies with the potential to redefine standards of care in areas of serious medical need. Gamida Cell is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: GMDA).
Omidubicel, Gamida Cell’s lead investigational product candidate, is an advanced cell therapy under development as a potential life-saving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant solution for patients with hematologic malignancies. Omidubicel is the first bone marrow transplant product to receive Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and has also received Orphan Drug Designation in the U.S. and EU.
Omidubicel was evaluated in an international, multi-center, randomized Phase 3 study in patients with high-risk blood cancers, and positive primary and secondary endpoint data reported in 2020.
General Scope and Summary
Gamida Cell is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role as Director/Senior Director, Professional Alliances. This position will work closely with the Commercial organization as well as other Gamida Cell cross functional partners to create and execute a comprehensive and unified engagement plan to develop and solidify relationships with physician and advanced practice provider (NPs, PAs), thought leaders (TLs), Advocacy partners, Be the Match and Cord Blood Banks as well as support the activities of current & future commercial strategies to include development of peer to peer educational activities, pull through on national and local advocacy events and assistance in managing external relationships with key Corporate partners. This position is field based and requires significant travel to engage with external partners to include physician interactions, meetings with key advocacy partners and congress & meeting attendance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement and communicate a unified, strategic framework for commercial/corporate thought leader interactions ensuring consistency in external engagements and internal communications.
- Partner with the Professional Alliances & Medical Affairs functions to develop customer engagement strategies ensuring Commercial and Medical Affairs focus are aligned.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive business strategy that incorporates cross-functional input from Commercial, Medical Affairs, Corporate Communication and other relevant functions.
- Partner with the Global Commercial Analytics & Operations function to oversee the creation and maintenance of the thought leader mapping database.
- Partner with the Marketing and Account Management functions to ensure alignment of promotional messaging, promotional slides and promotional tools.
- Assist VP, Professional Alliances in creation of a Promotional Speakers Bureau. Lead the execution of speaker management through training, development, and driving promotional programming. Liaise to coordinate activities between marketing, promotional speaker vendors and the customer facing field teams.
- Provide strategic insight and marketplace information to the organization. Identify and communicate issues, opportunities, and competitive activities through appropriate organizational venues.
- Assist in the development, execution and communication of strategic plan for collaborating with National Professional Societies including but not limited to ASH, ASTCT, and Be the Match and FACT.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to evolve the CBU supply strategy & Cord Blood Bank interactions.
- Participate in cross functional planning efforts with Commercial and Medical Affairs for all interactions at key congresses and meetings (ASH, ASTCT, etc.) to provide one master plan for customer engagement.
- Create plan for expansion of high performing, field-based Customer Engagement team (as business needs dictate).
- Develop a plan for attendance & support at appropriate regional, national and global medical meetings.
- Support commercial launch activities including site on boarding and training.
- Assist in creation and implementation of strategic advisory boards to gain specific insights.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop enduring relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- B.S. degree required, Master’s degree is desirable
- 15+ year pharmaceutical/biotech or related industry experience. Hematology/oncology & leadership experience required.
- Additional cross functional, field or home office a plus.
- Experience in cellular therapy and/or stem cell transplant and/or operational cell selection desirable.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing a TL strategy, peer to peer educational initiatives, advocacy outreach and/or other customer facing strategies preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and motivate cross functional teams.
- Ability to actively anticipate, track and plan for risks, issues, dependencies, resourcing and contingencies.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Gamida Cell.
Travel: Up to 60% travel required, once travel resumes
Reports to: Vice President, Professional Alliances
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com