Gamida Cell is an advanced cell therapy company committed to finding cures for blood cancers and serious blood diseases. We harness our cell expansion platform to create therapies with the potential to redefine standards of care in areas of serious medical need. Gamida Cell is a publicly traded company (Nasdaq: GMDA).
Omidubicel, Gamida Cell’s lead investigational product candidate, is an advanced cell therapy under development as a potential life-saving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell (bone marrow) transplant solution for patients with hematologic malignancies. Omidubicel is the first bone marrow transplant product to receive Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and has also received Orphan Drug Designation in the U.S. and EU.
Omidubicel was evaluated in an international, multi-center, randomized Phase 3 study in patients with high-risk blood cancers, and positive primary and secondary endpoint data reported in 2020.
General Scope and Summary
The Associate Director, Field Optimization and Planning will work in collaboration with the Senior Director, Strategic Site Planning and Execution to provide high level project planning and management for launch readiness. In addition, he/she will support the commercial team on startup and ongoing programs, field policies and commercial meeting planning.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner closely with Senior Director, Strategic Site Planning and Execution on development and implementation of institutional site readiness and onboarding plans.
- Develop detailed project plans, including timelines, to monitor and track progress. Including, but not limited to site on-boarding logistics, commercial field team support.
- Collaborate with leadership team to coordinate account management, marketing, market access coordination of congress planning & lead logistics of commercial field buildout.
- Coordinate internal resources and vendors on specified projects as related to site onboarding and organization of commercial meetings (National, Regional, Departmental)
- Ensure vendor contracts are developed and managed in accordance with company policy.
- Identify, manage, and escalate internal, vendor and project related issues, as appropriate. Manage & communicate changes to project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Work in tandem with commercial and medical affairs leadership teams & internal/external counsel to create, implement & evolve specific field policies (field grants and sponsorships)
- Develop and maintain collaborative work relationships with internal and external stakeholders to provide pull through and execution of launch initiatives.
- Lead additional project management, as needed.
- Partnership in the planning and execution of field hiring process.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop enduring relationships with key stakeholders, good time management and prioritization of time sensitive requests. Demonstrated ability to adapt work style and collaborate with cross functional teams.
- The ideal candidate will have 7 to 10 years of experience in a leadership role working in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry developing policies, processes and managing programs in support of the commercial field organization.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies that lead to processes for achieving results.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Ability to proactively problem solve and delegate appropriate tasks to collaborators and follow-up as needed to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic and growing organization.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members, and external partners.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Travel: Up to 25% travel, once travel resumes
Reports to: Senior Director, Strategic Site Planning and Execution
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org